Ffion is from Kierra's very successful "Tirari" litter. In her first 4 months of showing Ffion amassed many awards at Breed and Group levels, including multiple Reserve Challenges from Puppy Class, all this despite strong competition from her litter sister Saran who was shown alongside her. Ffion although quieter and more laid than her sister Saran still loves to play and is very friendly and sociable. She is deep red wheaten in colour and has a lovely houndy type, showing good strength of bone. She has a classic head-piece; strong yet femine, well proportioned and with a beautiful round dark eye. She has proven herself to be a wonderful brood bitch, harmonising with multiple sires with her lovely breed qualities featuring strongly in her progeny. She gained her Australian Champion title in 2010, picking up many lovely Class in Group awards along the way. In the Specialty arena, she has been consistently placed, even placing well in the highly competitive Australian Bred bitch Class at the Sydney Specialty in 2008 at the tender age of 12.5 months under Breed Specialist Judge Mr J Hyman [Rollings Kennel, USA]. Ffion is a Class in Show winner at Specialty Shows, and regularly makes the final cut for Best Headed Bitch & Best Ridged Bitch, and on more than one occasion has been pipped at the post for both by her litter sister, Saran.
Matt began training for tracking with Ffion in Winter 2009 and we were thrilled to see that she showed a lot of promise in this discipline. They proved to be a very successful team with Ffion passing test 1 at her first tracking trial in June 2009 with a rating of 'Very Good'. A further two successful tracks led to her gaining her Tracking Dog title in August 2009 - a lovely completion to their first tracking season. In Winter 2010 Matt and Ffion went on to successfully complete tracks 4, 5 and 6 in order to gain her Tracking Dog Excellent Title at the end of August 2010. At the first track of the 2011 season Ffion successfully completed track 7 with a 'Very Good' rating and in doing so gained her Tracking Champion title, becoming a Dual Champion in the process. Now eligable for Track & Search trialling, Ffion completed her TSD Test 1 in June before retiring to the whelping box to produce her first litter in the September of 2011
2012 proved a challenging year for Ffion and Matt as she struggled to work the hard surfaces required for Track & Search. 2013 thankfully saw a 'turn-in-the-tide' and after producing her second litter at the start of the year, Ffion went on to have an extremely successful Track & Search Season passing her Test 2 and her test 3 a week later with a rating of 'Good' to gain her Track & Search Dog Title [TSD]. Two further passes in September for her Test 4 and 5 left her chasing the final pass for her Track & Search Excellent title.
2014 has been Ffion's most successful Tracking Season to date. At the first Track & Search trial in July she successfully passed her Test 6 wtih a 'Good' rating to gain her Track & Search Dog Excellent [TSDX] title. In September after our return from the National Speciality Show in Queensland, Ffion completed her Urban Street Test 7 track with a rating of 'Very Good'. In November Ffion finished the tracking season passing her Test 8; for this she was required to track a 1km Urban street track at night that had been laid 4-5 hours prior and with one required halt and wait of 2 minutes as selected by the Judge. Ffion passes with a rating of 'Good' and in doing so gained her Track & Search Champion Title [TS Ch]. 2014 is the first year the Track & Search Champion title has been available through the ANKC and the time of gaining it Ffion is one of only three Rhodesian Ridgebacks in Australia to be awarded this title, with one of the other two being her 'Aunty' Jarla [TS Ch Dual Ch (T) Kushika Wild Dream] handled by Trish Stebbings at Bartess Kennels.
Having just turned 7, our clever veteran girl will be having a well deserved break over Summer before heading out once again on the Urban tracks in 2015 as she works towards her Track & Search Grand Champion title.
Ffion is the Dam of the following Champion/Titled Progeny
- Gained her Track & Search Dog Champion Title (TS Ch) in November 2014
- Gained her Track & Search Dog Excellent Title (TSDX) in July 2014
- Gained her Track & Search Dog Title (TSD) in September 2013
- Best Dam and Progeny - RRCSA Specialty 2013 under Breed Specialist Mrs S Cameron-Codognotto [Ozrhode, Aus]
- Gained her Tracking Champion and Dual Champion titles in May 2011
- Placed 5th in Australian Bred bitch Class at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria 25th Anniversary Show in March 2011 under breed Specialist Mrs J Bates [Gunthwaite, UK]
- Awarded Best Australian Bred in Show at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Western Australia 2010 Specialty Show under Breed Specialist Mr E Patterson [Rocksham, Ireland]
- Best Brace [with litter sister Saran] at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Western Australia Specialty Show 2010
- Placed 5th in Australian Bred Bitch Class [class entry 14] at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria Specialty Show 2010 under breed specialist Mrs D Brennan [Huntingridge, Aus]
- Placed 5th [class entry 14] in Australian Bred Bitch Class at Rhodesian Ridgeback Club Inc Specialty Show 2008 under breed specialist Mr J Hyman [Rollings, USA] at the tender age of 12.5 months
- Cut to final 4 from 34 for Best Headed Bitch - Rhodesian Ridgeback Club Inc Specialty 2008
- Gained her Tracking Dog Excellent Title (TDX) in August 2010
- Gained her Australian Champion Title in July 2010
- Gained her Endurance Test Title (ET) in June 2010
- Gained her Tracking Dog Title (TD) in August 2009
- Multiple Class in Group Awards (Championship Shows)